Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Leaky Heaven Circus



I spent a week with Leaky Heaven Circus at Armstrong on the Caravan Theatre Farm. Or is it Caravan Farm Theatre? Either way, it was the countryside! And I'm not exactly made for the countryside! The dirt, the horse-poo, the mice....hmmm. But it was great. I made good things that I don't usually make. Such as, gadgets and machines. I did things I don't usually do. Such as, run naked in the woods looking for lace ribbons while a bear was at large. I learnt to get through the night with a mouse in my cabin while said bear lurked, possibly, outside. I saw a ghost.

I also thought about the relationship between the dance body and the clown body. The dance body is just not funny. And the clown, well, is sometimes funny as well as creepy. (The romantic Pierrot clown is just pathetic, really). But there is something about the authenticity of action that unites both. More on this after I've talked to the experts.

Here is a link to some picures from the farm courtesy of Lesley.

No comments: