Friday, August 10, 2007

happy

I am inexplicably happy. I got a good review from Seattle, performing to a bunch of strangers. And my usual cynicism about journalists is merely a faint annoyance. I am tanked. On a cotes du rhône and then a spanish thing.

This morning I practised Bagua in the courtyard and it was transformative. My hard-drive had fallen off the kitchen counter before that and being irritated, feeling like the electronic world was conspiring against me, I didn't think I could make it through a bagua practice. But I actually managed to flow through the small palms and then the big palm set. Afterwards, it didn't matter that I had lost everything on my hard-drive. The practice is so perfect. It gets you COMPLETELY ready for anything, COMPLETELY able to cope with anything.

No comments: