Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ghent

I have been thinking about Ghent: sometimes you think you are opening yourself up, when really, you are just showing off. You think you are revealing yourself but really you are presenting yourself. When the you that is being presented is ignored you think you are not being seen. But really, maybe your beloved, the Other sees the you that is closer to the truth and that throws into question all you think you are.

Sébastien said that I have a hard time relinquishing control (and at that time, I thought he was full of shit and my body and mind hardened without my realising it)

David said this morning, why don't you just try being vulnerable.

Adrienne said last night, sometimes you put yourself into situations and relationships in which you are forced to unlearn old habits and learn new ones.

No comments: