Tuesday, February 19, 2008

french men and women

I have trouble remembering the gender of bottles and glasses. My logic tells me that a bottle, being phallic and from which liquids are poured out, should be masculine but it is in fact, une bouteille. A glass, accordingly, should be feminine because it is a receptacle into which the liquids of the bouteille are poured into. Yet, it is un verre.

OK, so maybe I have a one track mind.

Nevertheless, it is completely illogical that a vagina is masculine - un vagin. I discovered this after saying ma vagine in class or in rehearsal and got the most quizzical looks in return.

In any case, I am now dancing naked in front of strangers with my finger in my vagina. Scanning the curves of my cunt while riding the curves of space with my imperfect body

No comments: