Sunday, October 25, 2009

minimalism and maximalism

To extrapolate then, from the last entry on emptiness and fullness, I suppose that the function of minimalism (say, in dance) is to call up my imagination and my attention. And the function of maximalism - I borrow this term from Cornelius - is to blast me into nothingness.

Somewhere here is a lesson in how to construct a mandala.



So is everything in between a mere opiate?

As an artist, how do I know when I am imparting immortality - through heightened attention - into mortal life and when I am just a drug dealer, constructing beauty only to lull people into unconsciousness.

2 comments:

Antares said...

Hmmmmm.... have you considered optimalism as a point that links Min and Max? I shall encourage my grandson Max to date a girl named Min, so I can one day have dinner with Min & Max.

Zyglos said...

'..imparting immortality.. into mortal life..thru' heightened attention.. or just a drug dealer.. constructing beauty only to lull people into unconsciousness..'

Nice Sufeh.. Give me more..