Thursday, February 24, 2011

conditions

Recently, a wise man said, "There is such a thing as unconditional love". For some reason, this took me by surprise.
Then, in a class, while on the subject of structural integrity, I said, "So that even if nobody loves you, you have that (the integrity of your structure)." This also took me by surprise. The fact that I said it. In fact, my eyes teared and my throat got sticky.
A wise student added, "It's unconditional." (Ah!)

Yesterday, Noah, who teaches me voice, said, "The breath you take is your birthright."

It occurred to me that all this while, I have been working with the conditions placed on love, alignment and breath; and that it is possible instead to trust in that place where there are no conditions.

1 comment:

Antares said...

Trust in the paradox. Love is both conditional and unconditional. It's not a case of either/or. It's always both/and... in any case, "conditional" is only a word, and words lead us to very abstract zones where reality rarely treads :-) Hugs xoxox