Sunday, July 31, 2016

spicy miso sauce

It's been a while since I have posted a recipe. I guess it's been a while since I have had the time and space to think about food creatively. But today, first time alone for dinner in a few weeks, I improvised a miso sauce that goes well with salmon, or can be a sauce to stir into cold soba noodles.

Mince 3 cloves of garlic, a 2-inch knob of ginger (about 2-3 Tablespoons of ginger chopped ginger). Sauté this in a few tablespoons of canola oil, over low heat for about 5 minutes, being careful not to let it brown. When soft and fragrant, add 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of white miso paste. Stir till combined. Then, add a splash of water (1/4 cup or so). Let cook on medium heat till thick.

Finish with red pepper flakes and a dash of sesame oil to taste.

Next time I make this, I will stir this into cold soba noodles and serve it with cold smoked tofu and stir fried greens.




1 comment:

Nguyễn Hoa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.